Chairperson: Dianna Lachapelle 613 851-1738
Rules and Regulations
See “Rules and Regulations of the N.L.A.S.”
Home Baking Tips for Exhibitors
⦁ No commercial pie filling allowed
⦁ Place all food on paper plates and cover with Zip-Loc bag. Try to avoid using plastic wrap.
⦁ Please attach entry tags to the outside of the plastic bags
⦁ Pies and cakes can be removed on Friday afternoon after 1pm as a slice of each will be displayed instead of the whole exhibit after judging
⦁ Our theme is “Backyards and Barnyards” – please try to include this in your entries
PRIZE MONEY FOR SECTION 1-3
1st $20; 2nd $15; 3rd $10
- Homecraft President’s Special:
“Morning Break” to be displayed on a tray. Minimum of 2 baked and/or unbaked items (nonperishable), 1 canned item and a handmade item.
- Lloyd and Dorothy Reid Memorial Special:
Queen Elizabeth Cake in an 8” or 9” square pan. First prize winning entry to become property of the Sponsor.
Sponsored by The Reid Family, Almonte
- Cecil and Shirley Brydges Memorial Special:
Chocolate cake in an 8” or 9” square pan. Include recipe.
Sponsored by his twins, Donna (Rod Carpenter) and Dianna (Gilbert Lachapelle)
- Betty Renaud Memorial Special:
Sample of 3 different squares. 3 pieces each, displayed in a pretty way.
CARTERS SHOWS SPECIALS
See book and/or almontefair.ca in 2019
PRIZE MONEY FOR SECTIONS 6 to 35
(unless otherwise stated):
1st $15; 2nd $10; 3rd 5
BREAD AND BUNS, AND MUFFINS
- Yeast Pizza Crust, 6”, cooked
- Banana Loaf, mini or one half loaves to be displayed
- White Dinner Rolls (3)
- Blueberry Muffins (3) no liners
- Date Squares (3)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (3)
- Cookies made from a cake mix, include recipe (3)
- Chocolate Fudge (3)
- Family Favourite Candy, include recipe (3)
TARTS AND PIE
*After judging exhibitor may pick up their pie entered, minus 1 piece, on the Friday of the fair. Please indicate if you will be picking up your pie or donating it to the NLAS.
- Pie Crust baked in a pan
- Raisin, whole pie
- Butter tarts (3)
- White Cake, ½ cake
- Decorated Cupcakes, using theme (3), Only decorating to be judged.
- Failure! Any baked item that didn’t turn out.
- OAAS Chocolate Chip Cookie Competion **see fair book 2019 for rules**
CHILDREN 7-10 YEARS
- No Bake Cookies (3)
- Best Trail Mix, 500 ml in Ziploc bag
CHILDREN 11-14 YEARS
- Decorated Rice Krispie Squares (3)
- Decorated Cupcake, using the fair theme. Only decoration to be judged.
YOUTH 15-18 YEARS
- Yeast Pizza, 6”, cooked, no meat.
- Decorated Cake, 1 layer, using fair theme. Only decoration to be judged.
Tips for exhibitors
⦁ Any size sealed jars will be accepted. Any jars not properly sealed will be disqualified.
⦁ NO WAX PLEASE.
⦁ New lids and rings a “MUST”.
⦁ Please fill jars to proper depth.
⦁ Fasten entry tag securely on each with an elastic or string
- Salsa (mild)
- Sliced Peaches
PICKLES (do not use colour enhancements)
- Dill Beans Pickles
- Mixed Vegetable Pickles
- Beets Pickles
JAM AND JELLIES
- Mixed Fruit Jam
- Crab Apple Jelly
- Family Favourite Jam, identify
BERNARDIN HOME CANNING AWARDS
*participation of sponsor to be confirmed early 2019*
PRIZE MONEY FOR SECTIONS 36 and 37
1st 20 Gift Certificate;2nd $10;3rd $5
- Bernardin Jam/Jelly Award: Best low/no sugar jam using Bernardin Pectin, identify and note any special features
- Bernardin SNAP lid/Mason Jar Creative Craft Award: Decorative or functional homemade craft using a Bernardin mason jar(s) and/or 2-piece SNAP lid as selected by the judge