CHAIRPERSONS: Glen Brydges (613) 256-1747
SHOW DATE: Sunday, July 21/19 at 12:00pm
Hereford, Aberdeen Angus, Shorthorn, Simmental, Limousin & Crossbred Heifers
RULES & REGULATIONS
See “Rules & Regulations of NLAS”.
- Exhibitor may exhibit 2 animals per class in a maximum of 3 classes for Sections 1 to 7. Only 1 exhibit per exhibitor will be accepted in Sections 8 & 9. (Valid 4H projects will not be counted as the 2nd animal)
- All animals being shown in single classes must be registered at time of closing date of entries July 02/19 except calves (which must be properly tattooed) in two years and mature cow-calf classes.
- All animals must be legibly tattooed.
All Animals require RFID tags to enter the grounds and show
No Livestock (dairy or beef cattle, or sheep) will be allowed entry to the fairgrounds unless they possess the approved (intact and undamaged) CFIA tag.
Beef Cattle Exhibitors:
- Entry fees are 15% of prize money.
- Policy for Livestock Exhibitors
All entries need to be submitted to the Secretary by July 2.
Gate Admission Regulations: Livestock truck and driver – FREE. All others pay normal admission. Livestock competition exhibitors will be mailed their passes when entry forms are received in the office by July 2. As has been the policy of the fair, Livestock truck and driver will be admitted to the fair FREE. All others must have a pass or pay. If anyone requires more passes, they must contact the committee chair.
Please note –
2020 Membership fee of $10 will be deducted from 2019 winnings
1st $50; 2nd $40; 3rd $30; 4th $25; 5th $20; 6th $15; 7th -10th $10
- Bull calf born on or after Jan. 1/19- min. of 3 months of age on day of judging. May also show in Sections 9 & 10.
- Bull yearling – born Jan. 1/18 – Dec. 31/18.
- Female calf – born on or after Jan 1/19 – min. of 3 months of age on day of judging. May also show in Sections 9 & 10. Sponsored in part byThe Co-operators Insurance, Wes Zacharuk Insurance Group.
- Female heifer – born April 1/18 to Dec. 31/18.
- Female heifer – born Jan. 1/18 to March 31/18.
- Female born Jan. 1/17 – Dec. 31/17, with her own natural, purebred, tattooed calf at foot. Female and calf will be shown as a unit except that the calf is eligible to be shown as a single animal.
- Female born prior to Jan. 1/17 with her own natural, purebred, tattooed calf at foot. Female and calf will be shown as a unit except that the calf is eligible to be shown as a single animal.
- Breeder’s Herd: A group of 4 animals bred by the exhibitor with BOTH sexes represented, and must be exhibited in one of Sections 1 to 8. At least one animal must be owned by the exhibitor. Limited to one exhibit per exhibitor
- Get of Sire: A group of 3 animals from one sire. At least one animal must be owned by the exhibitor. Both sexes represented.
- GRAND CHAMPION BULL: Ribbon
- RESERVE GRAND CHAMPION BULL: Ribbon (to be judged after Class 4 in each breed)
- GRAND CHAMPION FEMALE: Ribbon
- RESERVE GRAND CHAMPION FEMALE: Ribbon (to be judged after Class 8 in each breed)
- SUPREME CHAMPION FEMALE ($100 prize) on Sunday, July 21, 2019. Sponsored by Spring Valley Farm in Memory of Mack James.
- 4H Showmanship Class: Open to any 4H members. All participants receive $10.00 from Brydges Family Shorthorns.
- Pre 4H Showmanship Class: Open to any exhibitor under age 10. All participants receive $10.00 from Brydges Family Shorthorns